Friday, July 17, 2009

Annual Camping Trip Alternative


Normally this time of year we have our annual 5 day long camping trip in lovely Lewiston where it's hot and miserable and there is nothing to do:) with the exception of morning & evening walks around the camp. Maybe take a dip in the gross smelly dirty water out of desperation of getting relief from the unbearable heat..but that's about it! Of course we frequented the Starbucks..it was only about a 20 min drive but totally worth it. Well we didn't go camping this year.. I don't think anyone really lost sleep over it! Our friends that normally go with us just had another baby and my dad was too busy with other obligations. So he came into town for a few days and we decided go to Sandpoint to spend the day at the beach with the kids. Here are some pictures from the day.








First we had lunch at Panhandler Pies. I had to have a piece of a their fresh strawberry pie. I discovered it's yummy goodness when I used to work there. We went to the beach after that and played awhile and then we walked around town and stopped for italian icecream. I had coconut and lemon.. I am pretty sure I had dessert 3 times that day! My dad has a sweet tooth like me..maybe that's where I get it from! hahaha.we are such a bad influence on
eachother.

No comments: