So it's been awhile since my last post! Summer seems to always be really busy for me..lots of family and fun stuff to do. I want to dedicate this blog post to a wonderful person,my grandpa who died on June 24th of bone cancer. I didn't get a chance to go down there to see him before he died so I stole this picture of him my cousin took in May. He was 87 years old. He also just celebrated his 67th wedding anniversary! What an accomplishment!

My grandparents were so in love up to the day he died my grandma never left his side. They still held hands and said sweet things to eachother all the time. They remind you of newlyweds, you couldn't be around them without noticing their love! I'm going to miss that. Whenever I was around him he was telling jokes, qouting poems/verses, or singing a song. He just wanted everyone to laugh and smile..he was always a joy to be around. When I was a kid he always did a penny trick. He would hide pennies before I came over and then he would make it disappear and he would give me clues as to where I could find it! I never could figure it out so it never got old for me! haha. He loved the Lord and volunteered at his church up until the time he got sick. He helped out with anything and everything he could and was a very unselfish person. He had 20 kids and up to an additional 15 foster kids that came and left! Not alot of people can say they have 64 grandchildren! At our family reunions we changed the words to the song "Father Abraham" to "Father Jesse" I will miss that too. I am blessed to have known him. I know he is in heaven with Jesus and that's awesome but it's still hard to say goodbye :(
4 comments:
Sounds like an amazing man!
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's so hard to say goodbye, but at least you know their will be another reunion in the future! Well, I must say, that is impressive all the grandkids, but my grandparents probably have around the same! 29 great grand children and counting!!!
So sorry...I will be praying for you.
What a sweet tribute.
Post a Comment